The information displayed on the pages of this site is based on data downloaded from
the Federal Recovery.gov Download Center.
This data was submitted by award recipients using FederalReporting.gov.
The Locality and Congressional District information displayed on our site and contained in the downloaded data is based on
the zip code as reported by the recipient. Corrections were made to invalid zip codes where necessary.
Although Recovery.gov data includes information for all awards granted to
recipients located in the Commonwealth of Virginia, only those awarded to
Commonwealth of Virginia entities are currently displayed on this site and included in the downloads..
Award Data and References
Award Data - Recovery.gov Download Center
- Provides data reported by the recipients of federal contract, grant, and loan awards.
Activity Codes (NAICS and NTEE-NPC Codes) - Activity Codes Reference
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) –
The North American Industry Classification System
(NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for
the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- Recipients of federal contracts submitted the 6-digit NAICS code in the solicitation/contract.
- Recipients of infrastructure awards submitted the NAICS code that describes the Recovery project or activity.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics (NTEE-NPC) codes –
The National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS)
is the national repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States. Its mission is to develop
and disseminate high quality data on nonprofit organizations and their activities for use in research on
the relationships between the nonprofit sector, government, the commercial sector, and the broader civil
- Recipients of federal grants and loans submitted the NTEE-NPC code(s) that describe Recovery projects and activities.
Federal Agency Codes - Agency Codes Reference
- Provides the 2-digit department-level codes for Federal Agencies, and 4-digit Agency Codes for recipients
Federal CFDA Numbers - CFDA Number Reference
Provides the numbers for the published descriptions of Federal assistance programs in the Catalog of
Federal Domestic Assistance. Recipients reporting on a grant or loan award submitted the CFDA number
associated with the federal assistance program.
Federal Program Source (TAS) - Program Source (TAS) Reference
- Provides the codes that identify the programs funding awards.
ArcGIS Online ESRI Maps and Data - ArcGIS Online
Provides access to online map services, map layers and documents, and tools such as geocoding and routing. Also included
are packaged data layers and map documents downloaded for local use. The service was used to obtain Polygon Ring points
to create the locality and congressional district map overlays used on this site.
Cartographic Boundary Files - U.S. Census Bureau Cartographic Boundary Files
- Provides selected generalized extracts from the Census Bureau's TIGER geographic database.
Federal Place Codes - USGS Domestic Names - State and Topical Gazetteer Download Files
- Provides data extracts from the Geographic Names Information System used on this site for Prime mapping coordinates of Virginia locations. Data downloaded was last revised October 2, 2009.
GeoData.gov - GeoData.gov
- Provides Federal, State, and Local Geographic data. The service was used as a general reference in preparing this site.
Google Maps - Google Maps API
iTouchMap.com - iTouchMap.com
- Provides the latitude and longitude of a point. This service was used to discover points for locations not included in other downloads.
TIGER/Line® Shapefiles - U.S. Census Bureau TIGER/Line® Shapefiles
Provides extracts containing geographic and cartographic information from the Census Bureau's MAF/TIGER® (Master Address File/Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing) database.
The shapefiles were used to aid in creating map overlays of Virginia localities and congressional districts.
Google Charts - Google Chart API
- Provides dynamically generated charts.
Virginia Congressional Districts by ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) - U.S. Census Bureau ZCTAs
- Provides a listing of Virginia Congressional Districts by ZIP Code.